- 50% of today’s jobs may not exist within 10 years
- 40% of jobs may require high level coding within 10 years
- A large proportion of today’s kids will need to create their own job, career, business when they leave school
- Problem Solving, Creative Thinking, Critical Thinking, Presenting are all skills essential to our kid’s future
These are the reasons why Practical PD has created the 2 day “Creator Kids Incursion” for school kids Year 5 and upwards.
Practical PD understands how important these high order skills are to the school kids of today and for our country in the future workplace. Therefore we demonstrate to the kids, teachers and parents how to create an opportunity from scratch and develop it into a business solution which incorporates robotics they can take to the world. This intensive 2 day Inschool incursion has been a life changing event for those involved and been described by the kids as “brain straining” due to the high order thinking required to bring their ideas to fruition in a supportive and collaborative environment.
Just some of the area we cover in the two days include having the kids:
- Understand that many of them will need to create their own career path, job, business
- Explore what their PASSIONS are
- Identify PROBLEMS relevant to “their” world
- CREATE great solutions
- Build and CODE ROBOTS to assist their business solution
- Gain an understanding of MARKETING strategies
- Develop strategies for RESILIENCE
- Grasp basic FINANCIAL skills
- Deliver a PRESENTATION to parents, peers and teachers
What a fantastic experience. Must say one of the best incursions I have been able to provide my students. I am new to STEM and have just started implementing projects in my department. This incursion has helped me to answer all my queries re: setting up the tone, tuning students in and exploring their passion and connecting with authentic real world problems. Brad guided them throughout this learning journey step by step by building resilience and engaging them with new technology and thinking out of the square. He supported the kids to see the bigger picture of the actual world in future and made them believe that they all can succeed. Once again Thank you Brad. It was great experience for myself and my students as well. If I will get another opportunity to attend another session with you, I will not miss it for the world.
Highly recommend this PD/incursion to all teachers. It opens up your mind and shows many different facets of teaching strategies and engaging students.
Kalgoorlie Boulder Community High School
If you are interested in having this incursion at your school then please email email@example.com for a proposal.
Please include in your email:
School Name, possible dates, year levels of students